Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Did Curiosity Kill the Cat?"

Do you ever wonder why they say, "Curiosity killed the cat?"
Well, I grew up wondering about that.
One, I don't think any cat will be that curious to put oneself in danger.
Two, who's cat got killed anyway because it was that curious?
Three, curious about what?

Curiosity gifted this world with great minds and thinkers.
Their curiosity obviously did not kill them, because common sense should tell you, they are not cats.

But I'd rather be a cat.

I cannot only see in the dark, I can sense paranormal activities, run fast, jump, climb up the trees, swim the river and lakes, be lazy all I want, then I have to 'prey', And they say I have nine lives too! That would have been close to purrrfect!!!

And now that I've decided to be a cat, being my usual lazy, curious and bored self made me think why they say,"Boredom Kills". They said my curiosity killed me and now my boredom killed me too? I would have been double dead. But since I'm still alive, common sense tells me that boredom definitely kills. It kills time.

And it makes my curious mind wander far.

Far enough to think that someone just like me was probably being his usual lazy, curious and bored self one fine day.

Take Newton for example. What was he doing waiting for an apple to fall when he could have climbed up the tree and get it? I think he was probably lazy, curious and bored enough to analyze why the apple fell. Thank goodness his curiosity didn't kill him and his boredom didn't kill him either. Still alive and kicking, he thought to himself, "How on earth did that apple fall from that tree?!!!" And so that one fine, lazy and boring day, now we know that there is such a thing called gravity.

Somehow the gravity of taking a break creates great knowledge to serve a greater purpose. Don't you think? ('',)

"I can purr but definitely can roar!!!"
- author was born sometime in 1974, Year of the Tiger.

No comments: