Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ignorance is Bliss?

I often wonder why they say 'Ignorance is Bliss'. When the definition of bliss is state of profound satisfaction, happiness and joy, a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. I cannot imagine myself in the middle of a conversation not being able to participate simply because of ignorance. That obviously will not put me in a state of satisfaction, happiness and joy. The words Ignorant, Ignoramus, Stupid, Dumb, Dimwit and Duh will constantly resonate in my head.

If knowledge is the key, then isn't that awesome?

I take in all the world’s new information as God’s way of telling me to utilize His gifts. Aren't we all equally equipped with the same amount of brain? Do we all use them fully or at least equally?

No analysis required or deep thinking as a prerequisite. It’s just being open to all the wonderful ideas, scenes, moments and people out there. We are free to observe and relax while we watch life unfolds in front of us and around us. All information whether new developments on technology or science especially past experiences and current situations are all part of our development in life as a person.

Ultimately, I believe it's our Father's preparation for us when He asks, “What have you learned as a Human Being?”

My answer will definitely not be, "Ahhhhh...Duh??" 

1 comment:

Ed said...

that what are called instincts are in fact the consequences of “an accumulation of baseball information. They (instincts) use that information as the basis of decision-making as game situations develop. Your instincts may say ‘pitch out now’ and later you may say: ‘Why did I do that?’ When you trust your gut you are trusting a lot of stuff that is there from the past.”