Monday, December 13, 2010

Donde esta Santa Claus?


Growing up I often wondered about Santa Claus. With what's left from the 300 years of Spanish colonization, I asked, "Donde esta Santa Claus?"

Where is Santa Claus?


My usual curious mind wonders if he still exists or probably never existed at all.
My common sense tells me if he did exist, he would probably be in Heaven.
He was already old in the picture I saw when I was seven.
I hope Heaven is like North Pole.
May God bless his jolly old soul.

When I think of Santa, this is what I know.
He is jolly but really old.
Old to carry and lives in the cold.
I was also told that if one just sat, one can grow fat.
Therefore I think it's a bit impossible,
For Santa to fit and climb down the chimney wall.

Everybody knows that children love to play.
But not all kids can write a letter,
So why can't they just pray?
Ain’t he Jolly St. Nick,
Who can grant wishes with just one click?

Santa makes a list and checks it twice.
To find out who’s been naughty and nice.
I wish he just gives everyone a present,
That would be such a wonderful surprise!

Santa Santa Santa...

How I wish gift giving was as often
Even when it's not Christmas.
It's sad that Santa is only remembered,
When it's almost December.

Poor poor Santa...

Poor Santa had to climb down the chimney.
I guess ‘coz no one gave him a key.
I'm sure it's hard to go down with a sack,
I bet he gets out with a face so black.

Black black Santa...

Black faced Santa was able to get out,
Thank goodness someone put the fire out.
Just before everyone went to bed,
Or poor black faced Santa would've been roasted.

Lucky lucky Santa....

I waited all my life to see Santa.
But he always left our gifts under the tree in the sala.
I wish he knocked and used the front door instead,
I'd love to see Santa wearing his suit so red!
But he sneaks in and sneaks out,
That's when I started having doubts.

Naughty naughty Santa!

So where is Santa Claus now?

In our hearts is where he lives,
We don't need to see to believe.
Just ask and we shall receive.
When we think of jolly St. Nick,
Know that giving doesn't require magic.


We all get our chance on that magic sleigh ride. Young or old, rich or poor, black, white or brown, big or small, naughty or nice, regardless of size.

There's always a way, if we pray.

With or without Santa Claus.

I'm gonna write Santa a letter now…

Dear Santa,

I am sometimes naughty but I am usually nice.
Sorry to tell you that not all girls are made of sugar and spice.
Please don't make those poor elves make toys in a place where there's always snow.
Toys are made in China now, in case you didn't know.

xoxo,
Aileen


"Life is like a magic sleigh ride. It takes you up, down and around the world. A wonderful ride before we go up to the magical side. It takes off when you say Ho Ho Hope, led by a red light that 'nose', when it's time to take you back to Ho Ho Home!"

2 comments:

chewyme said...

:) love this aileen.
haahaha! Made in CHINA na nga! amph!

Aileen Murillo said...

Thanks Chew!!! I'm glad you loved it! Advance Merry Christmas!